Sunday, February 17, 2013

First Post - An Introduction

First off, Welcome! I'm starting this blog as a way for me to visualize all of my ideas, beliefs, aspirations and all of that sort as well as provide people with a way to explore my mind and exchange/share alternate ideas with me. One of the things I love most about human interaction is the concept of 2 individuals being able to truly open their minds to one another without any sort of inhibition and discover together what makes us "tick". The things I'll mostly be posting about will probably fall in the categories of futurism, various topics in science (mostly things dealing with computers), mathematics, religion (as well as the lack thereof), and some other random topics and ramblings including the occasional poem. These are some things of the things that interest me the most, but feel free to discuss anything with me - I'm always down to have new favorite interests. For those of you wondering "just who the hell is this guy?", allow me to introduce myself. My name is Carlos, I'm currently studying computer science at the University of Miami, and I guess you could call me an Agnostic, but i prefer to just be seen as a budding scientist. I like to steer clear of religious labels because like Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "when you claim to be of a certain religion, all of this baggage comes with it, and people wind up assuming they know everything about you. I'd rather we just talk and discuss each others beliefs." Well, I think that's it for now, but expect more posts to come at a pretty regular rate; I plan on doing a few posts per week, but we'll see how it goes. As a sneak peak, my next post will have something to do with mathematics. I can't wait to get started and start posting about some interesting topics! see ya for now,
-Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment